Ethanol & Biodiesel: Renewable Fuels Available for Your Business
Science has made great strides in the way we use and produce energy. As a country, we are becoming less and less dependent on fossil fuels, slowly making the switch to renewable fuels. And with Woodhull Oil Co., we make accessing renewable fuels easy and affordable. The industries we serve can most benefit from ethanol and biodiesel in their daily work cycle.
If there’s one thing Woodhull Oil strives to do, it’s to make accessing the right fuel products straightforward and convenient. Thus, we serve the communities within a 50-mile radius of our company. If your business is in Davenport IA, Moline IL, Monmouth IL, Galesburg IL, Knoxville IL, Peoria IL and other surrounding communities, we can serve your fuel needs.
The Renewable Fuels We Offer
Primarily, Woodhull Oil works the two primary renewable fuels: ethanol and biodiesel. Each of these fuels we produce in a specific way that provides unique benefits over their fossil fuel counterparts.
- Ethanol: The chemical compound of ethanol we make from various biomass materials called feedstocks, and it acts as an additive to other fuel products. You might also be familiar with ethanol as the intoxicating ingredient in numerous alcoholic beverages. If either used as an addition to your fuel products, or part of the production of different alcohol types, we can ensure you’re connected with as much of a supply as you need.
- Biodiesel: An alternative to diesel fuel, biodiesel has many of the same uses throughout multiple industries. With the right mixtures, you can utilize biodiesel in many of the same trucks and machinery as regular diesel, but with a 60% reduction in emissions. We make biodiesel from a diverse mix of recycled cooking oil, soybean oil and animal fats. And if you’re ready to switch from regular diesel to biodiesel, Woodhull Oil can ensure you’re well supplied.
The Advantages of Renewable Fuel
Our renewable fuels (biofuel) present benefits both in the direct implementation of said fuels and their overall impact on the environment. Some of the primary advantages include:
- Safe – Compared to other fuel products, biofuels are significantly less flammable. That’s not to say they are any less effective when powering vehicles and machinery, but they are safer to store and implement throughout your industry.
- More Accessible – When considering renewable fuels, the name alone implies their ease of access. The unfortunate case with fossil fuels is that they are finite. However, we create biofuels from organic materials, meaning they will always be available.
- Greener – Some studies suggest renewable fuels reduce greenhouse gasses up to near 65%. However, it’s important to note that the way biofuels are produced can be as problematic as fossil fuels’ environmental effects. If produced safely and conservatively, biofuels are better for the environment.
- Durable – As mentioned previously, renewable fuels can be used in many of the same applications as fossil fuels can. Furthermore, they are incredibly adaptable fuel alternatives and possess better lubricating properties. Best of all, engines have been found to run better after making a switch to biofuels.
Call to Learn More
Whether looking for biodiesel or ethanol for your industry, Woodhull Oil Co. can supply you with the renewable fuels you need to keep on running. Additionally, we can set you up with bulk purchases or fuel contracts to provide the most convenience. To learn more about our renewable fuels and other fuel products, call us today at 309-334-2153. Also, we are located at 222 E 4th St, Woodhull, IL 61490.